Let the fun begin

My journey has begun, Routing-Switching & Wireless, there is much to learn and master...

Lao Tzu said, "The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet.". I have allowed my feet to stay still for far to long. It is time to move on, to progress, rise to the occasion.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Running from the Theories

June 8, 2010 ~ JC.Bogard

Well what is there to say, except that when going into a different technology there are new theories to learn and it can get really truing at times. It would most likely be a lot faster in do if I were doing this at work or in library somewhere but I am not.

I read in another blog where someone had just achieved his second CCIE and it appears from my understanding of how things were worded that boredom affects us all when it comes to amassing all of the the theories in to our gray matter. Really good to know that.

I strayed back off into Cisco land again. I think it would be really great is CWNP.COM were to make/have training modules available for mobile devices. Little videos one can place on a device and listen to when ever they want or can make the time. One of the odd things is that while reading something it often appears to be nothing more than common since. Using "cheap" parts will result in a less than disable signal strength or the same with the gear one is using.

I truly like quality things and they are expensive. So in manning up to the plate it is back to the book and prepare for an early August test. No date in my mind yet but the sooner I know the details the better off I will be.

I downloaded nine training modules from The Cisco Learning Network and purchased two after I had see the depth of the freebies. The voice overs are difference and there appears to be a story lines of two people (employees) working together to learn about different technologies. That part of there conversation is really dry - boring is an understatement. On the free ones it was a persons voice going over the details and fact with the others there is a little idle conversations and the voices really turn me off BUT the purpose is not to enjoy them it is to learn from them.

I had been reading a new blog, in which that person just received his second CCIE and I was very fortunate that a friend of mine had given me some books with some really good reading material, some even cover IP Design for Mobile Networks (being that the title too) Thanks man (you know who you are).

My WLC and other APs were a bit delayed but I think they are en-route now, I am thinking this will help resolve the boring theory issues I was having - read about it try it out, understand it better then on to the next topic.

Regards,

JCB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers