Let the fun begin

My journey has begun, Routing-Switching & Wireless, there is much to learn and master...

Lao Tzu said, "The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet.". I have allowed my feet to stay still for far to long. It is time to move on, to progress, rise to the occasion.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Summertime and the livings...(it's hot),

Summer is here and it is hot in Florida, school is out and the kids are home and time is ticking by day by day. Studies have been a mute point for a few weeks. Checking the calendar and seeing when I have to get this done while suffering from a lack of desire brings me full circle again. So what have I been doing? I have purchased a few training aids for the iPad (videos), more flash cards and conformation on my Wireless LAN controller delivery was made. So I guess I have been studying but not as much as I need to or should while addressing health issues.

Two of the fields that continue to change and progress are Security and Wireless; tele-presence along with routing and switching keep getting new "tweaks" to them as well but with in the first two listed those fields are continuing to grow. As I have read recently that they are changing weekly with new approaches and vulnerabilities being found. So the desire is there - it is just buried a bit with a few other concerns. No worries though as all be be addressed and I shall fall into my slip stream and progress forward going onward and upward. Still liking the Cisco base of products compared to others but I am becoming more aware of the other vendors and there offerings. I was reading over an offering from Firetide today for MESH with wires. OK So the to get done list is as follows:

Two exams to take, CWNA and CCNA Wireless (maybe get my CWSP as well)
Place Dry erase board in bedroom with list of topics and chapters to drill into my personal knowledge base.
Keep the children busy so I can study as much as humanly possible
And keep my updates here updated...

One thing I am going to check into is developing better study habits. I have read over how the others are planning on going about there studies and they do seem like sound practices. I know that Rick, listens to the audio files while driving regarding the different topics and Darby, well I think he is just a learning machine. Hmmm, I wonder if I were to go to a hypnotist if favorable habits can be instilled in ones subconscious. Better yet, continue to have audio files playing in the back ground as our minds absorbs all f the events in our surroundings at all times.

Time to get at it and get back on the CWNP and CLN forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers